Sea to Lake Quad & Side X Side Tour
9 & 10 MARCH 2013
Another John Burt Tour
John Burt (of Matata fame) is putting on a Quad and Side X Side Two Day Tour encompassing thousands of acres from the coast at Matata to Lake Rotoiti. This will be a fantastic opportunity so see some countryside you would not normally have the chance to see.
Starting at Matata (on the east coast pristine white sand beach) on Saturday 9th March, the course travels west through farmland, forestry blocks and back country native stands. John has been scouting the course for some time and after much negotiation and heartache, has put together a fantastic 7 hr ride to a private farm on the shores of Lake Rotoiti where you will be camping.
Sunday is a further 6 hours of solid riding in and around the lake and surrounding properties. There are promised amazing views from mountain tops, hidden valleys and more. A real treat to not normally accessible areas.
The format is thus:
1. Friday 8th March – Afternoon: Drop Quads/Side X Sides off at Matta where they will be securely housed overnight. You then drive to Lake Rotoiti (only an hour and a half by road direct) and set up camp. You need your own camping facilities as the camp is on a farm airfield. Motorhomes, caravans, tents, vans, etc are all welcome.
2. Saturday 9th March – Morning early: Cooked Breakfast provided: Transported by bus to Matata for the start. Saddle up and get ready for the start.
3. Saturday 9th March – Day time: Pick up packed lunch and ride the Sea to Lake ride guided by John himself. Greg Power and others will be providing back up and support.
4. Saturday 9th March – Evening: Full cooked Dinner and gossip time – bring your own supplies of liquid refreshment for a great evening of entertainment.
5. Sunday 10th March – Early Morning: Full cooked breakfast before picking up your packed lunch and riding the surrounding countryside of mountains and valleys.
6. Sunday 10th March – Afternoon: Pack up and head home.
This event is being supported by Power Adventures who will be assisting John and his helpers to put it together. Greg will provide comms and help with first aid and logistics.
or call John on 07 3222371 or Greg on 027 4454429