DRD Two Man X Country Series
NEW 2 MAN DATE
Saturday 12th September
Honda Park - Maramarua
All the usual classes are available and trophies to third in each class are up for graps at this one off event.
Junior Race is 1 1/2 Hrs starting at 09:30 am
Senior Race is 3 Hrs..startomg at 12:00 (Midday)
No competition Licence, No Club Membership
If you can Trail Ride yhou can race the Two Man.
Se the details below.:
TROPHIES TO 3RD IN EACH CLASS
Junior Teams $85
Junior Solo $50
Senior Teams $100
Senior Solo $55
NO COMPETITION LICENCE OR CLUB MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED - THE ENTRY FEE IS ALL YOU PAY
WE ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO COME ALONG AND HAVE A GO. HEAPS OF CLASSES AND LOTS OF FUN. RUN AS MANY BIKES AS YOU LIKE SO BORROW A FRIENDS.
Two Man X Country Rules
1. The Two Man is made up of the following classes:
Senior - 14 Yrs and Over - 3 Hr duration
Vets (combined age 80 plus)
Solo (riders with No Friends) 2 Hr Duration**
Junior - Riders 13 Yrs and Under - 1 ½ Hrs duration**
10 - 11 Yrs
12 – 13 Yrs
Rookie Ladies Team
Solo (1 Hr Duration**)
*The Two Man Junior Section is designed for riders 8 Years and older – Younger children may enter at the organisers discretion but will ride in the 8 – 9 Years Class
** The Solo Classes cannot win the overall Senior and Junior races as this is a Two man – Solo riders race for less time.
1. Trophies are awarded to the first three places in each class
3. Riders must wear a safe motorcycle helmet, moto X boots, long sleeves, long trousers. Eye and hand protection are strongly recommended along with body armour, knee guards, kidney belts, etc.
4. Riders must start in the allocated grid on the start line as determined in the first round by random computer selection and in subsequent rounds by computer generated seeding.
5. Two Man teams must ride alternative laps. One rider cannot ride two or more laps consecutively. The computer scoring system will police this.
6. A team member must touch some part of the motorcycle or body of the next rider before the next rider can leave the pits.
7. All riding in the pits must be 1st gear and slow. Speeding will incur a penalty as determined by the organiser.
8. Inappropriate riding through the lap scoring tent will in the first instance invoke a penalty and in the second instance result in exclusion. This is at the discretion of the organiser.
9. All refueling must take place in the designated pits. Engines must be turned off when refueling.
10.. No Smoking, drinking alcohol or taking of non-prescription drugs is permitted in the pits by either the riders or pit crews.
12. Riders must follow the prescribed course and must not deviate more than 5 metres from a course arrow. Riders must not pass through course bunting, fences or closed gateways.
13. Riders must not use aggressive riding tactics such as block passes or purposely knock riders off their motorcycles when passing. This in particular applies when riders are lapping less experienced riders. Good riders pass cleanly.
14. Noise Restrictions: Most motorcycles that are over the 96 decibel limit will get a warning but excessively noisy motorcycles may be excluded.
16. Riders may use as many motorcycles as they like to complete the race however once a motorcycle starts a lap, that motorcycle must finish that lap before it can be changed. (The intention is to allow riders who get a flat tyre, have breakages they cannot fix or engine problems, to be able to carry on racing be it on a friend's or on a spare bike – this is a fun series and we don’t want teams to have to pull out if they can scrounge another bike)
17. Competitors who come across severely injured riders are requested to remain with that rider and send information back to the pits about his position on the course. Riders remaining with a severely injured rider can in most circumstances get time allocated back through averaging their lap times. We want to ensure no-one is left unattended.
18. Abuse or intimidation of officials of Power Adventures will not be tolerated and will incur a penalty as determined by the organiser.
19. There is no protest committee! Rider queries can be made to the organiser regarding any matter whatsoever. There is no charge for this.
20. In all cases, the organiser will have the sole discretion as to the interpretation and implementation of all rules and anything not covered in these rules that may be necessary on the day of racing.
Note 1: Power Adventures is experienced at running motorcycle events and at all times strives to be fair and reasonable. We don’t have any hidden agendas and believe that the RIDERS are the most important people at the events.
Note 2: All riders must come to this event prepared to have fun, excitement and make life long friends. Socialising with other riders and officials is not only recommended, it is compulsory.